Here Is A Fresh Start For The New Year Of The Water Tiger, Get Ready
It is believed that what you do on New Year’s Day sets the tone for your entire year.
Do you want happiness, prosperity, good health?
Then it is time to do something that makes you feel that way on February 1st Chinese New Year’s Day this year.
Spend time in nature, move your body, listen to music, engage in a creative project.
It is a time to celebrate, enjoy yourself, and hold a positive vision for the year ahead.
Here Are 11 Things To Do Before New Year’s Day (February 1st):
- Make time to do some clutter clearing and cleaning up your surroundings. Doing that creates a space for new opportunities, good health, and Good Fortune to come into your home, business, and life. If your space is filled with too much stuff there is no room for your good fortune to land.
- Check the clutter in your home, purse, wallet, computer, files, car, and office. Everything counts, even in places where you don’t see it like your filing cabinet or computer.
- Make sure all the trash and recycling are emptied on New Year’s Eve (January 31st this year), not on New Year’s Day. The activities that you do on New Year’s Day are believed to set the tone for the coming year and you do not want to spend the entire year taking out the trash, right?
- Wear something new that is red for good fortune. It could be a bracelet, ribbon, or something that is hidden like underwear.
- Pay off as many of your debts/bills as possible and all your current bills in full. This sets the intention of being debt-free in the New Year. Make room for prosperity to find you.
- Fill your pantry and refrigerator with healthy and delicious foods to affirm longevity and vibrant health. Fresh vegetables, fruits, and some of your favorite snacks.
- Oranges and tangerines are symbols of abundance and happiness. Display them in a bowl or tray on a table or counter. I put a big bowl of oranges on my kitchen island.
- Bring flowers into your home. Flowers are symbolic of wealth and high positions in one’s career. Flowers elevate the energy and flow in your space bringing good vibes to you. Often you will see potted blooming yellow chrysanthemums in the stores at Chinese New Year time. I buy them to put in my home to celebrate the new year. A fresh bouquet of your favorite flowers is great too.
- Treat yourself to a new purse or wallet and fill it with cash.
- Feed the birds, they symbolize bringing in“good news” and they lift the happiness chi around the house or office.
- On New Year’s Eve open the front door to let out all last year’s energy and ring bells or gong to release any negative chi and invite in Good Fortune for the New Year.